Whether you have worked with seniors for decades, or have recently decided that supporting Seniors is the sector for you, Wiarton Retirement Residence welcomes those who share our passion for exceptional service and care. We encourage you to explore our employment opportunities. Discover how you can be a part of a dynamic team that strives daily to create meaningful moments for our valued residents. We are looking for individuals like you, who want more than ‘just a job’. Apply to work with us if you are truly interested in making a difference in someone’s life.
Role as Resident Care Attendant (Personal Support Worker):
The Resident Care Attendant provides personal care and other services to residents in a safe efficient manner, according to the policies and procedures of the retirement residence.
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
• Provide personal care services to clients, in accordance to established “Plan of Care”. Such services involve assisting clients with various activities of daily living.
• Observe and report client conditions and changes on an ongoing basis.
• Strictly follow and abide by the Plan of Care set forth by the Care Manager.
• The employee agrees to abide by Wiarton Retirement Residence’s rules, regulations, policies and practices, including those concerning work scheduling and shift cancellation notice, as they may from time to time be adopted or modified.
• The employee will perform any all duties as requested by the Employer that are reasonable and that are customarily performed by a person holding similar position in the industry.
• Maintain client privacy and company confidentiality at all times
• Other duties as may arise from time to time and as may be assigned to the employee.
• Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines;
• Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all resident areas as per work routines;
• Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
· Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
· Post secondary education in related care fields [e.g. Personal Support Worker (PSW), Health Care Aide (HCA) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) certification] is preferred;
· Food Handling Certificate considered an asset;
· First Aid Certification considered an asset;
· Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
· Customer service orientated.
· Ability to read and communicate effectively;
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
· Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
· Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills;
· Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints;
· Must be able to operate related equipment.
· Candidates must be available Monday to Sunday.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which includes a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Wiarton Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties.