Jan 12, 2021
Jan 26, 2021
Full-Time Seasonal/Contract 12 months
$ 38.28-46.36 per hour
As per Job Posting
Hours per Week:
How to Apply: email@example.com
Please submit a complete resume, cover letter and application form, quoting competition 2021-01 in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Health Nurse
Grey Bruce Health Unit
Public Health Nurse
Competition #: 2021-01
Temporary Full Time
Looking for a career in Public Health?
The Grey Bruce Health Unit is located in Owen Sound. Our 60,000 square foot environmentally friendly building is designed to enhance the working environment and enable our staff to provide effective service to our clients and community. We provide services to approximately 160,000 people within the Grey and Bruce Counties.
The Grey Bruce Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer. We employ people in a variety of disciplines with diverse skills and abilities.
Explore, experience, and live in Grey and Bruce Counties!
The safe, friendly community of Owen Sound and the smaller towns in Grey and Bruce are only a short distance from the busy urban centers of Toronto, London and Barrie.
Grey and Bruce Counties offer an abundance of recreational opportunities! Don’t miss the dramatic waterfalls, picturesque sunsets and sandy beaches
Why work for the Grey Bruce Health Unit?
- Join a Progressive, Client Centered Organization.
- The Grey Bruce Health Unit continually seeks new ways to become more accessible to our community, more efficient in communicating our message, and more effective in our service to the residents of Grey and Bruce.
- Contribute to Your Community.
- The satisfaction of contributing to the health and wellness of your community is measureless.
- Competitive Wages and Benefits.
- The Grey Bruce Health Unit offers competitive pay and an excellent benefit package.
- Work-Life Balance.
- Our flex time policy permits flexible scheduling to accommodate both personal and work related demands.
- Professional Development.
- The Grey Bruce Health Unit supports staff development and continuing education to assist employees in keeping current with the job function and enhancing their public health core competencies.
- Employee Recognition.
- Our staff are our greatest asset and we believe that recognition shows employees that they are valuable contributors to accomplishing the Health Unit mission, vision and values.
A Public Health Nurse combines knowledge from public health science, primary health care, nursing science, research, evidence based practice and the determinants of health to promote, protect, and preserve the health of individuals, families, groups and communities. The Public Health Nurse will be assisting with GBHU COVID Response
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for professional competence under appropriate legislation, the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Practice, the Canadian Community Health Nursing Standards of Practice and the Core Competencies for Public Health in Canada
- Participate in program, operational plan and policy and procedure development to meet the objectives of the Ontario Public Health Standards and Protocols while fulfilling the core competency requirements of the profession
- Work collaboratively with professionals and appropriate community contacts to achieve health goals. Participate on committees both internal and external as assigned
- Apply relevant theory, research and evidence to design and evaluate projects
- Collaborate and co-ordinates services with inter-professional teams and appropriate community agencies
- Ensure that the privacy and confidentiality of client information, including client records, is maintained
- Contribute to achieving strategic goals and organizational development by participating on committees and supporting quality improvement
- Performs other related duties as assigned
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In depth knowledge and demonstrated skill in the areas of clinical practice, decision making, critical thinking, problem solving, leadership and resource management
- Knowledgeable and able to design and lead interventions based on health promotion theory, research and evidence, to optimize the health of individuals, populations and target groups
- Knowledge of core competencies for Public Health in Canada and for public health nurses
- Well-developed interpersonal, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to plan, implement and evaluate a variety of Public Health strategies to individuals, groups and populations
- Communicate in a clear and professional manner while adapting the message to the audience as appropriate
- Specific knowledge of Health Unit communication systems and appropriate computer software
- Committed to a safe and healthy work environment for both employees and clients
Education – Training
- Completion of an approved university baccalaureate degree in nursing
- Registered Nurse Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Worked in an interdisciplinary team to plan and deliver services to individuals and groups
- Project planning, leadership and evaluation
- Making presentations to individuals and in a group setting
- Community health experience preferred
- Working hours will vary within a 35-hour paid work week; with evening and weekend work required
- Work will be completed in both general office and community settings.
- Business travel is required within and outside of the Grey Bruce region.
The current wage scale for the position of Public Health Nurse is $38.28 to $46.36 per hour.
Please note that this position will remain posted until filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
The Health Unit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
In accordance with Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection.
We thank you in advance for your interest in the above-noted position. However, please note that only those applicants receiving an interview will be advised of the recruitment outcome.
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD