Jan 13, 2021
Feb 5, 2021
How to Apply:
Interested applicants please send resume and cover letter by February 1, 2021 to:
Janice Hobelman, Human Resources
Home and Community Support Services of Grey-Bruce
Unit G12, 1350 16th Street East, Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 6N7
Or email to: email@example.com
Home and Community Support Services of Grey-Bruce- Executive Director
Why work and live in Grey and Bruce Counties?
- Grey and Bruce counties are situated between the beautiful beaches of Lake Huron and stunning cliffs of Georgian Bay.
- The Niagara escarpment and its famous Bruce Trail run along Georgian Bay and deep into the farmlands and forests of the Counties.
- Sandy beaches abound on Lake Huron where the most amazing sunsets can be enjoyed year-round. Small lakes, rivers and waterfalls call the nature enthusiasts to get out their canoes, kayaks and fishing gear.
- The community of Blue Mountains boasts some of the best down hill skiing in the province and cross country ski, snowshoe and snow mobile trails cater to residents all winter long.
- There is no lack of choice for the avid golfer where the quality of the golf courses is only rivalled by the views they offer
- Music festivals, local theatre and artisans can be found throughout the area both summer and winter
Who is Home and Community Support Services of Grey-Bruce?
Home and Community Support Services of Grey-Bruce (HCSS) is a team of caring staff and volunteers who provide community-based services that support independence and enhance the quality of life for individuals and their families.
The Executive Director provides chief executive accountabilities for the organization and is responsible for the successful leadership, management, and delivery of programs, services and initiatives which drive the organization’s mission and vision, and strategic direction. This includes the ongoing development and management of the following organizational areas: client programs and services, operations and administration, finance, human resources, communications and education, and fund development.
The Executive Director is the organization’s primary liaison between its funders and between the organization and other health services providers. The Executive Director is expected to provide timely and appropriate support to the Board of Directors and to ensure that HCSS fulfills all its legal and ethical obligations.
The Executive Director is a support to the Board, its clients and staff while embracing an environment of rapid change which exists within the health system and is known as a person who leads with passion and integrity and has a true desire to improve the quality of life of the clients of the organization.
- Deep understanding of and belief in the value that home and community support services provide care for clients and caregivers living in those communities
- Seven or more years of senior non-profit management experience
- A bachelor’s degree, focus on business or health administration, non-profit or volunteer management considered an asset or a similar combination of education and experience
- Proven experience working with a Board of Directors
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
- Demonstrated success at generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Fundraising experience and understanding of the funding community
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Ontario health care system and Ontario Health Teams and the impact these changes will have in respect to organizations like Home and Community Support Services of Grey Bruce
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with the quadruple AIM approach to quality improvement within health care
- Solid understanding of, and experience with digital technologies that include: health information technologies; administrative technologies, and social media
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD