Need help applying to this job? Call 519-371-9222 ext. 6. Not the right job for you? We'll help you find one that is.
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Range: $18.68 – $20.96* per hour (*$16.68 - $18.96 per hour PLUS $2.00 WEG per eligible hour)
We also offer competitive wages, and free membership to the YMCA!
What We’re Looking For: We are looking for an energetic, positive, team player that loves children! You are an exceptional Child Care Teacher that wants to work with other star performers to provide the best child care in the area. You look forward to watching your students learn and grow. You get immense satisfaction from knowing that your contribution directly affects the learning and development of children in our care. You enjoy working in a group setting where you can depend on your co-workers and they can depend on you for support. You are a fun, dependable, hardworking individual that believes in the YMCA Mission and Values. You receive great satisfaction from helping others and giving back to your community.
What We Offer: In addition to working with amazing co-workers you will be part of an organization that gives back to the community. As a Child Care Teacher, you will have an opportunity to let your creativity shine when preparing programs and goals for our young community members. This position is full-time contract position at approximately 37.5 hours per week. We offer competitive wages, and YMCA membership.
· To plan and implement age appropriate activities and to present a safe, clean and visually appealing environment in accordance with Ministry of Education regulations, CCEYA, and YMCA policies and procedures.
· To observe, record and communicate individual child development.
· To act as professional role models for children, volunteers, students and fellow staff.
· To interact and communicate effectively with children, families, YMCA staff and services and community contacts.
· To work together as an integral part of a team within the classroom and the centre providing support and encouragement to one another.
· Attending monthly staff meetings, workshops and courses that may be directed by the child care supervisor.
· To maintain a neat, orderly, and clean environment, including all activity areas and washrooms.
· To maintain confidentiality of all information related to the centre, the children, their families, and staff.
· To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and well groomed.
· Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) OR in the process of becoming a Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) OR equivalent (example: Bachelor of Education, Degree in Child Studies, the NNEB if from the U.K., etc)
· Familiar with the CCEYA
· Experience and knowledge in Playing to Learn programming an asset but not necessary
· CPR and First Aid certification
· Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued no later than 90 days preceding start date.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter, résumé and completed YMCA Employment/Volunteer Application Form* by March 1st 2021 by 5:00 p.m to:
Julie Harrison , Supervisor; Child Care
The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
*Candidates must submit a completed YMCA Employment/Volunteer Application Form (found on the Careers page of our website www.ymcaowensound.on.ca ) in order to be considered.
· Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) OR