Need help applying to this job? Call 519-371-9222 ext. 6. Not the right job for you? We'll help you find one that is.
We are looking for candidates who are wanting to jump start their career in law enforcement. We are currently in search of 30 new hires – approx. 20 full and part time seasonal positions and 10 permanent full-time. We are hiring for security and bylaw enforcement officer positions. In both positions, you will be expected to maintain a high visibility presence and prevent all illegal or inappropriate actions at various client properties.
Join the fastest growing team in Grey Bruce and help make our community a safer place! Additionally, if you are looking to become a licensed security guard in Ontario, we can help you with the process.
• Protect client property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment
• Observe for signs of crime and investigate disturbances
• Act lawfully in direct defense of life or property
• Apprehend criminals and evict violators
• Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences
• Report in detail any suspicious incidents
• Patrol randomly or regularly building and perimeter
• Monitor and control access at building entrances and vehicle gates
• Watch alarm systems or video cameras and operate detecting/emergency equipment
• Perform first aid or CPR
• Proven work experience as a security guard or relevant position
• Ability to work in a high stress environment
• Ability to operate detecting systems and emergency equipment
• Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
• Surveillance skills and detail orientation
• Integrity and professionalism
• High school degree
•Valid Ontario Security Guard License & First Aid certificate an asset •G drivers license & clean drivers abstract •Must be able to Read, write, & speak English •Must be able to sit, stand, walk, drive, observe for long periods of time in different weather conditions •Must be able to work Days, Nights, Weekends & Holidays
•Basic computer skills •Be physically fit for the job
High School Diploma or Equivalent