Need help applying to this job? Call 519-371-9222 ext. 6. Not the right job for you? We'll help you find one that is.
YOU make a difference
If you want to feel like you are making a difference every day, you've come to the right place. Our residents are unique and special, and so are our employees. By working in our homes, you can help create memorable experiences for our seniors.
Revera’s person-centred approach offers security and peace of mind to both residents and family members. We believe we work in our residents’ homes, and care passionately about providing excellent care, with state-of-the art facilities and vibrant, welcoming communities. For many of us, providing care is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Ready to make a difference in someone’s life? As a Personal Support Worker, you will help us deliver the person-centred care Revera is renowned for. Reporting to the Director of Care, you will ensure the proper delivery of our services, including assisting with personal care, meal service and hygiene, to observing and reporting changes in physical or mental health and well-being. Whether social, emotional, psychological or physical, if it concerns our residents, it concerns YOU!
A typical day might include:
• Ensuring each resident receives care tailored to their needs, as determined by your supervisor;
• Fostering relationships with residents and families;
• Providing support and professional insights for both residents and their families;
• Helping residents meet their daily care needs and longer-term goals;
• Responding to residents’ questions and concerns with HEART: Hear, Empathize, Acknowledge, Respond, Thank.
What YOU bring
• Graduate of Personal Support Worker program (or provincial equivalent certificate program with completion of required theory and practicum hours)
• Strong oral communication, as well as time-management skills
• Tech savvy – having the ability to complete online documentation via iPhone/iPad
• Experience providing personal-care duties, including providing tasks such as lifting and transferring clients
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification recommended
• Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Check (VSC)
What we offer
• Technology to help you do your job better
• Benefits and Pension Package
• Better work life balance
• Vision to support Person Centered Care
Ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people. Apply today!