Need help applying to this job? Call 519-371-9222 ext. 6. Not the right job for you? We'll help you find one that is.
• To perform all duties related to the Floater Operator.
• To be flexible and able to move to different positions daily to maintain production requirements.
• To monitor and maintain high quality, safety and productivity targets.
• Perform preventative maintenance checks and follow operating procedures on machines and equipment
• Ensure proper use of machinery
• Contribute to product quality
• Perform a variety of duties to any machine properly trained on in the shop
• Contribute to company productivity, quality and continuous improvement initiatives
• Perform housekeeping duties within work area
• Clean up work area to prepare for next shift
• Clean and maintain surrounding area for a safe working environment
• Comply with health and safety guidelines
• Proper use of personal protective equipment at all times: work boots, gloves, hearing protection, safety glasses
• Takes necessary precautions to ensure personal safety and the safety of others
• Follow safety protocol when performing various utility operator duties
• Ensure all chemical material is cleaned up and properly disposed of
• Strong communication skills including verbal and written
• Exceptional ability to work with a team, and independently
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Basic Math skills and ability to read a tape measure
• Physically able to lift up to 75lbs unassisted
• Reliable and punctual
• Motivated to meet production requirements
• Ability to work outside, in both hot and cold temperatures and stand for long periods of time
• Flexibility and a high aptitude for continued learning