Need help applying to this job? Call 519-371-9222 ext. 6. Not the right job for you? We'll help you find one that is.
• Operate the Grade 2 saws in the plant safely.
• Safely performing physically demanding job resulting in high quality product
• Performing stripping, square cut, angle, notching and mitered duties • Performing daily inspections and small maintenance to the blades and machines to ensure optimal cutting performance • Loading saws, ensuring quality of stone, reading tickets, measuring jobs, programing machines, monitoring cuts, ensuring finished product is correct • Machine maintenance including greasing of arbor baring, filing oil reservoir, and greasing motor • Tearing down blocks and properly banding and clamping product as required • Maintain a safe and organization working area • Effectively following all safe working practices and always wearing proper personal protective equipment • Strong ability to work with team members in a respectful manner • Ensuring that all Owen Sound Ledgerock Ltd. machines and equipment are treated with respect • Creating and maintaining a quality product in a safe and timely manner • Performing daily inspections of the machine at pre-start • Following Standard Operating Procedures and ensuring machine is being utilized to proper capability • Following instructions and paperwork while meeting production targets • Meeting quality standards and proactively communicate any issues with material to supervisor
• Strong communication skills including verbal and written
• Exceptional ability to work with a team, and independently
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Basic Math skills and ability to read a tape measure
• Physically able to lift up to 75lbs unassisted
• Reliable and punctual
• Motivated to meet production requirements
• Ability to work outside, in both hot and cold temperatures and stand for long periods of time EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Preference will be given to operators with experience on the saws