Mar 31, 2021
Apr 16, 2021
How to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit resume, YMCA employment application (available on our website www.ymcaowensound.on.ca) and cover letter by April 16, 2021 to:
The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us i
YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce
Need help applying to this job? Call 519-371-9222 ext. 6. Not the right job for you? We'll help you find one that is.
ROLE: Housekeeping staff ensures the safety and security of all members, property and self by following established Workplace Health & Safety practices and procedures. The position is responsible for keeping the facility, common areas, and equipment clean and in good repair at all times.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Lead - Housekeeping
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Relevant work experience an asset
- Attention to detail and organization
- Committed to customer service and team work
- Excellent communication skills
- Current and satisfactory Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR level C / AED Certification
This position requires a flexible work schedule including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays as required, based on need. Maintenance staff are required to work a minimum of 1 shift per week in order to maintain the necessary skills and knowledge required to effectively perform their job. This position will require physical labour, lifting, working with a variety of materials and working at heights, among other manual tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS - including but not limited to the following:
- Perform all light duty cleaning, general cleaning and keeps cleaning equipment clean all the time.
- Clean all areas of the fitness facility and common area as per standard – dust, sweep, wash, mop, vacuum, etc.
- Ensure equipment and facility are cleaned to SAM standard and be a Leader of our “YMCA Clean Culture”
- Replenish toiletries and soap
- Remove garbage and recycling
· Perform equipment set-ups/take downs in program areas as needed
- Keep doorways and outside areas safe; including garbage pick-up, salting and snow clearing as required
- Ensure the safety of all members, property and self by following established Workplace Health & Safety practices and procedures
- Provide a high standard of customer service to all participants as per SAM standards and other set guideline
- Model desired behaviours in line with our Mission, Vision and Values; establish rapport and maintain effective relationship building behaviours with staff and members; represent the YMCA and the Association in a professional manner
- Communicate and work as a team with other staff within the department and between departments
· Keep in contact with staff by having a walkie talkie on person at all times; perform a radio check at the beginning of your scheduled shift
- Understand and integrate the value of philanthropy and volunteerism and imparts this knowledge and belief upon staff, volunteers and member
- Actively participate in all required trainings and meetings, including Child Protection training
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the Organization’s Values and Vision: Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, strategic outcomes and values of the YMCA.
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the YMCA.
- Concern for Health and Safety: Acknowledges and understands how to manage and educate others of risk and harm reduction.
- Quality Focus: Ensures that YMCA programs and services are superior.
- Service Orientation: Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every individual’s YMCA experience.
- Team work: Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness.
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD