The General Manager is a leadership position which involves directing and coordinating all activities of the marina. The General Manager is responsible for the overall management, operations, and daily business of the marina which includes, but is not limited to, the areas of dockage, parts and service, launch and haul, fuel dock, property maintenance, office and chandlery, and overall customer satisfaction. The General Manager must be versatile in all aspects of the marina operations.
The duties of the General Manager will include long and short-term planning and implementation in all phases of marina management, as directed by Maple Leaf Marinas. This will involve assisting with the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets, and participating in select Maple Leaf Marinas management meetings and professional development from time to time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Lead a first-class marina and achieve annual performance budgets and objectives by overseeing all aspects of marina operations including dockage, parts and service, haul and launch, fuel dock, property maintenance, office and chandlery, and other various areas of the marina business. In particular, this General Manager position will also include responsibility as the Service Manager, along with a lead role in respect of dockage and storage sales.
- Assist in the preparation of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Work with the H.R. Department to plan and maintain staffing levels so that recruiting, hiring, training/development, and directing, result in the marina to function safely, efficiently and cost effectively.
- Oversee and maintain a vibrant health and safety program.
- Provide close attention to appropriately delegating tasks and maintaining high employee morale and engagement through fostering a team environment.
- Stimulate boating interest by promoting the marina at all times through various marketing and advertising platforms such as social media, and special events, with support from the Marketing Department.
- Must provide exceptional customer service at all times.
- Contribute to maximizing slip and inside storage rental occupancy and ensure that rental space is effectively utilized, thereby assisting with achievement of marina budgets.
- Assist with Regional/Maple Leaf Marinas marketing and miscellaneous projects, as required, particularly over the winter months.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President or General Manager, Marinas, of Maple Leaf Marinas..
Excellent Compensation and Benefits offered to the right individual. Please don't hesitate to apply, this position needs to be filled soon and we will be reviewing the resumes as they arrive!