Apr 6, 2021
May 1, 2021
Manufacturing & utilities
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miller's Home Hardware- Driver/Delivery/Yard Person - G License
Need help applying to this job? Call 519-371-9222 ext. 6. Not the right job for you? We'll help you find one that is.
Title: Driver / Delivery / Yard Person
G – Licence
Part Time and Full time positions available. Seasonal and permanent opportunities.
The driver/delivery/yard person is responsible for delivering products and/or supplies to customers, vendors, jobsites, or other corporate locations. Duties include operating freight handling equipment, maintenance and operation of company vehicles, verification of administrative paperwork, and working with the public at large. The delivery person must safely perform all assigned tasks with sufficient speed and accuracy to avoid adverse impact on the level of customer service.
- Move heavy and bulky merchandise for customers and for sales personnel.
- Advise supervisor of shortages and damaged goods.
- Do odd jobs and run errands.
- Assist Customers in the yard
- Perform duties assigned by the Yard Forman
- Maintain vehicle maintenance records.
- Check delivery documents.
- Report company vehicle maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Follow company procedures regarding required signatures, forms, receipts, etc.
- Report complaints from customers to management.
- Assist in loading and unloading merchandise and materials.
- Follow all safety precautions when operating company vehicles and loading or unloading freight.
- Be alert for sales opportunities.
- Make suggestions for rule, policy, or procedure changes when you believe such changes will improve sales, profits, and/or morale. etc.
- Follow all delivery and receiving procedures and company policies as determined by management.
- Follow proper documentation procedures for any merchandise that is to be returned or refused.
- Maintain proper security over merchandise and delivery documents.
- Attend meetings, training sessions, etc. as required.
- Work on additional duties and assignments as assigned by management.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behavior to management in order to have the situation corrected.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, management, other employees in person, by telephone, or by FM radio.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to visually verify contents of shipments.
- Must safely operate loading, unloading, and transfer equipment (forklifts, pushcarts, computer, etc.), as well as company vehicles. Must safely secure cargo.
- Must move merchandise weighing up to 100 pounds to or from company vehicles in the delivery process.
- Must maintain a good driving record and lawfully operate all company vehicles used to make deliveries.
- High School graduation or equivalent.
- Ability to work co-operatively in a team atmosphere.
- Must have at least 3 years Commercial Driving Experience or 25+ in age
- Report directly to the Yard Foreman, Store Manager or Store Owner.
- Meet with Yard Foreman for performance review.
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD