Apr 27, 2021
May 11, 2021
As per Job Posting
Hours per Week:
How to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Please submit a complete resume and cover letter, quoting competition 2021-15 in the subject line.
Grey Bruce Health Unit
Need help applying to this job? Call 519-371-9222 ext. 6. Not the right job for you? We'll help you find one that is.
Competition #: 2021-15
Permanent Full Time
The Program Assistant provides assistance and support to one or more program areas and committees in the Health Unit. Working in a team based environment, the Program Assistant is required to work collaboratively and with multidisciplinary professionals.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Communicate and interchange information, ideas and opinions clearly, effectively and appropriately both internally and externally
- Present information in a clear and logical manner, using appropriate phrasing, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Schedule, prepare agendas, and record minutes for various Health Unit meetings and committees
- Maintain timely and accurate documentation which meets the standards of professional practice in accordance with the Grey Bruce Health Unit standards
- Maintain an up-to-date system for filing reports and documents
- Generate reports utilizing program related software
- Maintain program records and filing systems (paper and electronic based) for retrieval and retention per Health Unit Policy and Guidelines
- Schedule meetings ensuring that all appropriate arrangements are made and participants notified accordingly
- Interact effectively with diverse individuals and groups
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others within the organization, and external partners as appropriate
- Demonstrate awareness of the organization’s vision, mission, values and strategic objectives
- One-year (1) Community College Diploma in administration or business related courses
- One (1) year administrative assistant experience preferred
- Excellent command of the English language including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Demonstrated ability of good working relationships with public and staff, including ability to work collaboratively with other staff and with an multidisciplinary team
- Ability to multi-task a variety of duties
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing and verbally in a clear and professional manner
- Good keyboarding and data entry skills with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, problem solve, plan, organize, following processes, manage time and work effectively
- Experience using computer software including database applications, as well as the Microsoft Office Applications
- Proven ability to work independently with competency and accuracy and as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with graphic design and layout considered an asset
- Demonstrate alignment with the organizations’ values: respect, integrity, transparency, excellence
- Working hours will vary within a 35-hour paid work week; with evening and weekend work required
- Work will be completed in general office setting
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle may be required
- May provide coverage for reception as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The current wage scale for the position of Program Assistant is $24.34 to $27.03 per hour.
Please note that this position will remain posted until filled.
The Health Unit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; valuing and respecting diversity. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
In accordance with Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy legislation, applicant information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used strictly for candidate selection.
We thank you in advance for your interest in the above-noted position. However, please note that only those applicants receiving an interview will be advised of the recruitment outcome.
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD