May 3, 2021
May 22, 2021
Manufacturing & utilities
How to Apply:
All candidates interested in the position must contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 226-668-0422. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ledgerock- Forklift Operator
Need help applying to this job? Call 519-371-9222 ext. 6. Not the right job for you? We'll help you find one that is.
- Perform all duties related to operating a forklift including moving unfinished and finished products in and out of production
- To maintain an organized shop, while respecting the strict safety guidelines that govern the operation of a forklift.
- Working in hot and cold conditions.
- Working in wet and dusty conditions.
- Physically demanding and ability to work in a loud environment.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to follow key safety protocols is essential to maintaining a safe work environment (i.e. balanced load)
- Ability to organize shop and provide material to employees in a timely manner is essential
- Read and write (English) with attention to quality
- Active Forklift Operators license (preferred)
- Physically able: ex: lift to 75lbs.
- Able to work with fellow employees with great communication skills
- Basic mathematic skills, and able to read a tape measure and good at troubleshooting.
- Able to understand paperwork such as shop tickets and drawings with little to no help.
- Willing to take advice and ask questions if unsure of any task.
- Very driven to keep working and meet production targets
- Punctuality- must be on time for shifts and breaks
- Reliable- proper attendance is essential for this mainly seasonal position
- Ensuring shop is organized so material can be provided to operators in timely manner
- Performing daily inspections and completing circle check forms to submit to maintenance
- Assess conditions (wet or dry), be aware of surroundings always, and use rearview mirrors
- Taking stone from point “A” to point “B” safely, without damaging the stone
- Keep a supply of proper material on hand and store material safely and properly
- Loading saws, ensuring quality of stone, and reading tickets
- Able to balance multiple requests for stone movement and fulfill production needs
- Tearing down blocks and properly banding and clamping product as required.
- Following Standard Operating Procedures and ensuring forklift is being driven properly
- Following instructions and paperwork while meeting production targets.
- Assess quality standards and proactively communicate any issues with material to supervisor
- Housekeeping duties- ensuring that emergency exits, emergency shut offs, and safety equipment are accessible
- Following company policies and procedures: i.e. Personal Protective Equipment, respecting tools, machines and fellow workers.
- Able to work smart and safe for themselves and others.
- Preference given to applicants with proven strong organizational skills and forklift experience
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD