May 4, 2021
May 11, 2021
$ 20.83 per hour
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are asked to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Regular Part Time Support Workers
Community Living Owen Sound and District
Need help applying to this job? Call 519-371-9222 ext. 6. Not the right job for you? We'll help you find one that is.
A new team is being created to assist a young lady transition from her family home to supported group living; where she will be joined by others. As a member of this team you will meet the needs of the person(s) in obtaining an optimal level of care and well-being. Your role in the residential setting is to recognize the value that everyone contributes to our community and to making each day meaningful. The Support Worker will have the ability to provide life skills support at varying levels depending on the individual, encourage life -long learning; along with promoting positive self-worth is the everyday focus
Positions: 3 – Regular Part Time Support Workers @ 32 hrs
Location: Port Elgin
Hours: Ability and willingness to work varying/rotating shifts including days, afternoon, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Hourly Wage: $20.83 an hour Support Workers
The successful candidate will possess:
- A formal knowledge of developmental disabilities. This knowledge would typically be acquired by obtaining a Developmental Services Worker diploma or 2-year related Community College diploma (Child and Youth Worker, Social Services or equivalent education) is preferred. Personal Support Worker certificate will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 months experience in the provision of direct supports for people with developmental disabilities. Work experience and knowledge of health care procedures and mechanical equipment.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate and Non Violent Crisis Intervention certificate required within 30 days of hire.
- A valid, Province of Ontario class “G2”driver’s license and use of personal vehicle.
- Personal resilience combined with a compassionate, insightful perspective fostering a steady commitment to the individuals’ emotional, physical and mental well-being.
- Knowledge and experience in assisting in the development and implementation of Personal Support Plans in co-operation with support networks. Assist in monitoring achievement of personal outcomes.
- Confidence in providing supports with health and self-care; including lifting and carrying using appropriate lifting techniques, knowledge of mechanical aids and using good body mechanics. Comfort in providing personal care.
- Show initiative and creativity in planning, organizing and implementing activities that are meaningful to the person, utilizing community supports where possible.
- Strong advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Welcoming liaising with family(s) to address needs and sharing of information on behalf of individual(s).
- Ability to work and contribute in a team atmosphere
- Demonstrate a positive work performance
- Must be able to adhere to IPAC (Infection Protection and Control) practices and wear Personal Protective Equipment when and where applicable.
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD