Jul 1, 2020
Jul 31, 2020
Full-Time Permanent Year Round
$ 17.21 per hour
Starting wages listed
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
Please send resumes by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send resumes by mail to:
Golden Dawn HR Team
80 Main Street
Lion's Head, ON N0H 1W0
Attn: Barbara Sterling
Please drop resume off in person to:
80 Main Street in Lion's Head
80 Main Street , Lion's Head ON N0H 1W0
Personal Support Worker - SIGNING BONUS
Golden Dawn Senior Citizen Home
About the Job:
The Golden Dawn Senior Citizen Home is accepting applications for Personal Support Workers. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing based and assessed based on departmental vacancies.
Full Time, Part Time and Casual position openings.
The successful applicant must demonstrate resident-focused care in terms of behaviour and attitude. Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, patience, flexibility and adaptability are required in this role. Computer skills are an asset.
Work With Us:
- Signing bonus - $1,000. Bonus is payable in three instalments, $250 upon hire, $250 after 450 hours and $500 after 12 months.
- We focus on work life balance, guaranteed hours based on your position type and flexible hours.
- Competitive wages, benefits, dental, 100% drug coverage and pension plan based on class (Full Time) of position. (Part Time & Casual paid in lieu.)
- Financial assistance may be available to staff to assist in reaching career goals within our facility.
- We work in a family setting, in a close knit, supportive team environment.
- We promote and support long term employment opportunities.
- Applying to work with us is an easy application process.
- Provides direct personal care to the residents in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provides for the resident’s activities of daily living (eating, toileting, transferring, dressing, walking, positioning, exercise, etc.).
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to carry out safe lifts and/or transfers.
- Performs additional personal care tasks which may include, but are not limited to bathing, morning and evening care, application of cosmetics, perineal care, hair/skin/nail care, oral hygiene, glasses, hearing aids and prosthetics.
- Maintains familiarity with resident’s individualized plan of care.
- Ensures a safe environment for all residents and fellow staff.
Golden Dawn Senior Citizen Home is a non-profit, long-term care and senior apartment complex located in the village of Lion's Head, Ontario, part of the beautiful Bruce Peninsula. Golden Dawn Senior Citizen Home is a registered charity and licensed in with the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
Experience working with the vulnerable population.
Available for non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends.
PSW certificate, or enrollment in an accredited Ontario College program (theory completed).
RN student, with one year of study completed.
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD