Apr 3, 2020
Jul 15, 2020
Seasonal/Contract 3 months, with possibility of extension
10.52% in lieu of benefits, 4% vacation
Hours per Week:
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit www.brucecounty.on.ca/employment and follow the outlined process on Career Connector, or e-mail a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information or for assistance, please call the Bruce County HR Department at 519-881-2952.
Resident Support Assistant
County of Bruce
Bruce County's Brucelea Haven Long Term Care Home in Walkerton is currently accepting applications for the Temporary position of Resident Support Assistant!
Under the supervision of the Registered Staff, the Resident Support Attendant (RSA) provides assistance by performing routine tasks that do not involve direct resident care. The RSA is responsible and accountable for providing optimum services in the provision of activities of daily living, dining services.
Responsiblities include, but are not limited to:
· Make beds, change linen, collect and bag soiled linen/clothing and deliver to the appropriate locations.
· Porter and escort residents as needed to meals, programs/activities and exercises.
· Assist residents in the dining room by taking meal requests and serving meals.
· Act as the second care provider in lifts and transfers, including the use of mechanical devices.
· Cleaning of bathtubs between baths and stocking supplies.
· Removing garbage from resident rooms and public areas.
· Clean resident rooms including organization of resident personal belongings.
· Putting away resident clothing and taking laundry from resident floors to laundry.
· Exercise care in use of Brucelea and Gateway Haven equipment and residents’
· Complete assigned tasks and duties in a timely manner.
The wage rate for the Resident Support Assistant (RSA) is $19.50 per hour, as well as a percentage in lieu of benefits and vacation. This is a Temporary position for up to 90 days, with possiblity of extension. Variable hours available.
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
· Secondary School Diploma preferred
· Ability to speak, read and write English
· Computer literate
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work inter-dependently
· Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, good organizational skills
· Resident/family oriented and able to act as an advocate of resident rights
· Good physical and mental health and a professional attitude
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD