Jul 14, 2020
Aug 13, 2020
Sales & services
based on experience
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Taylor Electronic Services- Manufacturing Technician
Taylor Electronic Systems in Owen Sound is hiring for a Manufacturing Technician.
- Must be self-motivated and eager to learn from Supervisor and coworkers, applying learned knowledge in everyday applications.
- Must be presentable and respectable in general appearance, clothing, and attitude.
- Must be able to identify and use common hand tools and soldering equipment.
- Must exhibit an aptitude for electronic and mechanical assembly and disassembly techniques.
- Must exhibit a high degree of focus on task with attention to detail and workmanship. Products that are manufactured or serviced are used in a high risk environment and require very high quality and reliability.
- Basic level of schematic reading is an asset.
- Understanding of production documents, e.g. bill of material structure.
- Ability to perform function testing of products.
- Experience and working knowledge with electronic testing tools including (but not limited to) multi-meters.
- Must be proficient in soldering with a high degree of quality and reliability.
- Required to solder wide range of wire gauges, e.g. 30awg to 14awg.
- Required to solder SMT components as well as through hole.
- Required to solder and de-solder wires and components that are used and aged or new.
- Must be able to complete data entry tasks using Microsoft software and other applicable software.
- High level of professional, yet friendly, oral communication required for customer, coworkers, and supplier communication.
- Fluent with Internet searching and use of MS applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access.
- Must be dedicated to self-study (independent research) in order to meet the job requirements and to better yourself for future growth.
This position focuses on the manufacturing and re-manufacturing of customer’s commercial electronic equipment and accessories. This position requires a qualified individual with experience and training in the commercial electronics assembly and testing industry.
Primary (Customer Product Manufacturing and Servicing)
- Thorough knowledge of Customer’s equipment and accessories for repetitive manufacturing, re-manufacturing, and testing.
- Assist in the repair and remanufacturing commercial electronic equipment.
- Use of test equipment and test procedures.
- Soldering and de-soldering.
- Manufacture of products and accessories with the use of schematics/drawings/procedures, experience, and help from others.
- Procedures MUST be followed and any discrepancies or recommendations for change must be communicated to the team.
- Ordering of parts and Supplies as required.
- Manufacture of OEM cables and accessories, and custom product requests.
- Maintain proper paper work and database information for items repaired.
- Must be proactive in suggesting solutions to supervisor and management.
- Help generate ideas and plans for business expansion and diversification.
- Keep safety awareness in mind and follow all safety rules for the benefit of yourself and co-workers.
- Generating and issuing of reports internally and to customers’.
Secondary (General Administrative and Project Development Duties)
- Assist in custom product development projects.
- Discuss and generate conceptual design ideas.
- Proactively advise of any design risks or concerns.
- Approach design concepts with cost efficiency and serviceability in mind.
- Assist in component sourcing and design documentation.
- Maintain any necessary paper work and database information for complete service tracking.
- Removal of service parts and regularly audit inventory levels.
- Communicate closely with Administrators of service work.
- Inspection and confirmation of new and re-ordered service parts.
- Must be proactive in suggesting solutions to customer issues.
- Keep safety and quality awareness in mind and follow all safety rules for the benefit of yourself and co-workers and our customers.
- Must be willing to accept miscellaneous duties as required to help ensure TES efficiency and profitability.
- Help maintain shop, (cleaning, equipment maintenance, restructuring).
- Cleaning and general maintenance of work area(s).
- Assist in physical restructuring/organizing of shop and office spaces.
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD