Whether you have worked with seniors for decades, or have recently decided that supporting Seniors is the sector for you, Wiarton Retirement Residence welcomes those who share our passion for exceptional service and care. We encourage you to explore our employment opportunities. Discover how you can be a part of a dynamic team that strives daily to create meaningful moments for our valued residents. We are looking for individuals like you, who want more than ‘just a job’. Apply to work with us if you are truly interested in making a difference in someone’s life.
Casual Support Worker
Provide support to various departments including Personal Support, Laundry, Housekeeping and Maintenance in a safe efficient manner, according to the policies and procedures of the retirement residence.
These tasks may include but are not limited to:
The ideal candidates will possess:
· Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
· First Aid Certification considered an asset;
· Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
· Customer service orientated.
· Ability to read and communicate effectively;
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
· Must have good communication skills with Residents;
· Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills;
· Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints;
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which includes a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Wiarton Retirement Residences is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties.