Sep 1, 2020
Nov 2, 2020
As per collective agreementMarket Competitive
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application via https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oSfmdfwq&s=YMCA
Personal Support Worker (PSW/DSW)
The Personal Support Worker provides personal support and homemaking services to clients and families within the framework of VON policies, procedures, standards. The PSW collaborates with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of clients to attain an optimal level of independence and well-being.
Foreign Registered Nurses, who are waiting for CNO registration and PSW students, who are about to graduate are welcome to apply.
External and Internal Relationships:
- Engages frequently with the immediate supervisor or the Personal Support Program Manager on any needed changes to client plans and other relevant information.
Education, Designations and Experience:
- Must have certificate in Personal Support Worker certification or Developmental Services Worker diploma or;
- Home Support Worker (Level II, III) or Health Care Aide
- Must have a current Standard First Aid Certificate or CPR level C Certificate, if applicable to the work being performed
- Some household management experience and experience working with elderly or ill individuals or children.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Able to communicate effectively with clients and families in a clear and effective manner that demonstrates respect, empathy and understanding
- Good assessment skills
- Awareness of community resources
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team or independently as required
- Able to take direction well
- Ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environments
- Communicating in a clear and effective manner, demonstrating respect, empathy and understanding
- The capacity to adhere to strict confidentially?
- Must have access to a personal vehicle for work and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or a Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Available to work flexible hours
Work Site Location:
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD